Thursday, July 10, 2008

The first week is always the toughest!

I always find the first week of a new course the toughest because there is so much information to digest and process. I like to be very organized and put everything in order before I begin and it was tough with this class Teaching with Technology because I had the comprehensive exams to take at the same time this class began. Talk about stress! I didn't get achance to do much other than set up my personal web site, my blog and my wiki. I didn't get a chance to really put anything on them so now I'm making up for lost time.
The LoTi video was very informative and showed me that I am very behind in my progress of using technology in my classroom. I have a smartboard in my classroom which I use for all my powerpoint lessons. I do have video clips included in the powerpoints and I show many others from the internet as well, especially demonstrations of things that are too difficult or dangerous to do in the classroom. I have a class webpage that is used for all the important information needed by students and parents such as:
- class syllabus
- class powerpoint notes
- quiz and test dates and review information
- test objectives
- links
and all this puts me at a LoTi 1-2. How depressing is that? I am planning on using my learning from this class and the Teaching with Technology course I just finished to really help me step up the technology in my classroom. I hope to be at least a 2.5 by after this next year.

No comments: