Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Puzzles Using Vocabulary Words

I created two puzzles:
  1. a crossword puzzle in excel:

2. A word search puzzle from online web site (http://www.edhelper.com/puzzles.htm)


To see larger views see my web site: http://www.freewebs.com/lizkotlowski/

The word puzzle was extremely easy to create with the online free puzzle maker. The crossword created in excel took all day and it took more hours than I care to admit to figure out how to put the crossword puzzle into a jpeg so that I could post it here and on my website. This digital immigrant always seem to be frustrated learning all this technology on my own but I refuse to give up and when I succeed well it is very sweet indeed!

1 comment:

Jend12533 said...

I agree with you Liz. I thought the online puzzle maker took way less time and is definetly more realistic for teachers to use. However using Excel helped me become more familiar with the program and maybe someday I will use this activity to have students explore Excel further.